CHILD CARE GOVERNANCE PROJECT
Final report of the Child Care Governance Project
Released: November 16, 2007
The following Working Documents were developed by the Coalition of Child Care Advocates of BC as part of our Good Governance of Child Care Project. In these documents, readers will find our definition of governance; our overall approach to governance; the Template we used to consider strengths and weaknesses of governance models; our exploration of 5 different governance models and our assessment of the key elements of ‘good governance’.
We are sharing our Working Documents because we think they will be of interest and use to our community. Please note that these materials focus on the specific question of governance – not on the overall systems and services delivered through each model we explored. Readers should also note these documents are provided for information only. They helped inform our position on the need for Community Controlled Child Care in BC.
Good Governance of Child Care: What does it mean? What does it look like?
(full document: 1.9MB, 70 pages)
- Introduction, Template and Model Summaries (480kb, 7 pages)
- Highlights of the Governance Models (132kb, 6 pages)
- New Zealand Model (352kb, 14 pages)
- Denmark Model (260kb, 11 pages)
- Québec Model (304kb, 14 pages)
- Community Living British Columbia Model (396kb, 11 pages)
- BC School Board Model (324kb, 13 pages)