On May 12, BC will go to the polls to elect a new government. Our goal is to support you to make child care an election issue in every BC riding. It is your voices telling the stories of your community, your child, your family and your child care program that will make the difference.
In the coming weeks, we will be posting our Election Kit with ideas, tools and materials to use to make child care an issue for all the candidates in your riding.
Until then, here’s how you can get election ready:
- Make sure you are on the Provincial Voters List
(Register at https://eregister.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca/ovr/welcome.aspx)
- Make sure everyone you know is on the voter’s list.
- Collect the names and contact info for the candidates in your riding.
- Make friends with a local journalist. Invite them for coffee, give them some child care background and tell them child care IS an election issue.
- Think about creating a small Flying Stroller Squad to show up at every election event in your riding with those wonderful, home made child care signs. (Watch for more on the Squads in our Election Kit)
To make it easy for you to be heard, we will print and mail copies of any Coalition advocacy materials that you want to use in your communities during the election for no cost. Just email us at email@example.com with the name of the document, the number you need and your address – and they will be on their way.
In the coming weeks, we urge you to join us once again as we rise with strength and determination. Make this election count in your community. Use your creativity, your unique expressions and your skill to get the child care message heard. Our province deserves a quality, community based, affordable and accessible child care SYSTEM.
Together we remain strong!
Any Election Advertising on the web site is authorized by the Coalition of Child Care Advocates of BC, 604-515-5439. Registration # EAS-2009-0024