The Coalition of Child Care Advocates of BC (CCCABC) is an inclusive, feminist, membership-based organization. We are individuals and groups including parents, grandparents, child care providers, community organizations, academics and unions. We work collectively, using research, public education and mobilization, to achieve our vision of a high-quality, affordable, accessible child care system that serves the public interest - the $10aDay Plan.
Read more here:
Our Starting Place
Inclusion Diversity Policy
We are a voluntary organization of interested citizens – parents, child care providers, community organizations, and unions.
- the development of a comprehensive, accessible and affordable community based child care system in BC and across Canada.
- culturally relevant Indigenous-led services
- the right of every child and family to quality child care within their own community.
- a range of inclusive choices including licensed family and centre-based care.
- stable, adequate government funding.
- the rights of educators to wages and working conditions which reflect the level of training, responsibility and value of work performed.
- parent and staff involvement in policy, procedure and program decisions.
We promote advocacy by
- Informing the public about child care issues and the impact of public policy on children, families and communities.
- Mobilizing families and communities to speak up and speak out for child care.
- Encouraging educators to exercise their democratic right to unionize.
- Using a child care lens we advocate for women’s equality and promote broader societal awareness, engagement and action on advancing gender equality.
Do you like this page?